Presented by Mrs. George Greig
Mrs. Greig says, "George and the rest of the family love this recipe. It’s very easy and I can get it in the oven quickly. I love to serve it warm with a little PA Preferred vanilla ice cream."
- 5 medium PA Preferred apples, any baking variety
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- cinnamon or nutmeg to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 unbeaten egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel, core and slice apples and place in 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of sugar and stir to coat. Sprinkle apple/sugar mixture with nutmeg and/or cinnamon to taste.
- For the crisp, sift together flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, salt, and baking powder in bowl. Add oil and egg and mix well. Cover apple mixture with dough.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Various fruits may be substituted and nuts may also be added to dough mixture.