Black Bean Tortilla Melt
- 1 can black beans - rinsed and drained - (15 oz)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder 6 corn tortillas - (6-inch)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 lime - cut into six wedges
- 2 cans chopped green - chilies, undrained - (4 oz)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar - cheese (3 oz)
- fresh or commercial salsa
Mash beans; add chili powder, stirring well. Spread about 3 T. bean mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cilantro, and squeeze 1 lime wedge over each.
Top each tortilla with 2 T. green chilies and 2 T. cheese. Bake tortillas at 450°F or 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with fresh salsa.
Original Recipe Yield: