Broccoli and Green Beans with Ginger Green Sauce
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 54, Total Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Carbohydrate: 8g, Protein: 3g, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 133mg, Fiber: 2g.
- 2 cups green beans, sliced into bite-sized pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces (fresh or frozen)
Green Ginger Sauce:
- 2 cups tightly packed, fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1.2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger (optional)
Puree green sauce ingredients in the blender until the sauce is bright and very smooth. Meanwhile, use the stove or microwave to steam green beans and broccoli just until each is bright green and tender. To serve, drizzle some green sauce on each plate, and top with a 1.4 cup pile of hot green beans and a 1.4 cup pile of hot broccoli.
Original Recipe Yield: