Presented by The First Lady of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Susan Corbett
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 5 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Drop the corn into the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain, and rinse the corn under cold water. When it is fully cooled, cut the kernels from the cob and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove it from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Add the leeks and red pepper to the skillet and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Combine the reserved corn with the cooked bacon, leeks, and red pepper in a bowl. Mix well, and then scatter over the bottom of a 6x4 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together the cream, egg yolks, mustard, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt and pepper, and parsley. Pour this into the baking dish and bake for 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
Original Recipe Yield: